Thursday, August 3, 2017

HOLOPROSENCEPHALY (HPE)

My granddaughter Ivy is a little over two years old, she was born with Holoprosencephaly (HPE) the failure of the brain to divide completely into two hemispheres.
Ivy has and exceptional brain. she has lobar HPE which means the front of her brain is connected.
she also has ACC she is missing her corpus calosum (white matter) her brain does not communicate with the other areas. It hinders her motor development.


She is our miracle she is remarkable. Such a loving caring little sweet pea.


She is so lucky to have parents who are teachers, and have patience and work with her along with children's mercy hospital, and of course she has a big brother Isaac who loves her and plays with her.


I am so thankful each day that I have the people in my life that are so loving and caring, and who have blessed me In so many ways.



No comments:

Post a Comment

from my heart

To my husband's Ex wife, I am writing this letter to you, from my heart to yours with compassion, so I hope that in your awareness you o...